Sunday, December 4, 2011

Game of the Century, Part II

Am I surprised that the BCS championship game is a rematch of LSU-Alabama? No. I predicted this probably six to eight weeks ago. Appalled? No. The I am so used to the B(C)S that I don't think I have the capacity to be appalled or outraged by anything that happens with it. Am I going to watch? Ummmmm...no.
I know what you're thinking. You're thinking I could change my mind in the 12 weeks between now and the championship game? What's that? It's only five? Well, it will seem like 12 hearing all the ESPN talking heads blather on about the greatness of the SEC. I know what else you're thinking. you're thinking if I'm really a college football fan, I'll tune in. I do like college football, but I am not watching an all-SEC championship game. Why? For the same reason that I don't watch any SEC regular season games. I simply don't care enough about any SEC team to watch this game. I don't like or hate either team enough to tune in. I'm sure I'm not alone. I'm sure that championship game or not, a lot of people who don't follow SEC football won't bother to watch this game.
And who can blame us? These two teams met earlier this year in the game of the century. I didn't watch a minute of that game of the century, and didn't miss a thing. And let's face it, the sequel is never as good as the original. Here are a couple games that intrigue me more than the BCS championship.
  • Wisconsin v Oregon (Rose Bowl)

  • Oklahoma State v Stanford (Fiesta Bowl)

  • Ohio State v Florida (Gator Bowl)

  • Michigan State v Georgia (Outback Bowl)


  • No comments: