Sunday, May 24, 2009

Uncle Sal and the Stressed Supervisor (Episode 94)

Uncle Sal sat down across from his former co-worker Al Duvall in Stu's House of Stew and brushed some lint off of his Fraternal Order of Rodent Keepers bowling shirt. Al had already torn a napkin to shreds.

Uncle Sal asked, "What's the matter, Al? You look a little stressed."

"I am a little stressed. I have these two employees, Drew Joostens and Drew MacTavish. MacTavish seems OK. Real team player. I mean, I use a lot of sports metaphors in our meetings. In fact, Kensington likes it so well that he's always bringing me more metaphors to use. He says it makes him feel more like a sports anchor than a salesman."

Uncle Sal removed an ice cube from his Carhenge glass and hoped a waitress would come by soon so he could have something to drink besides water. 

"Joostens on the other hand, is a little uptight in general. But then today after our meeting, he stayed behind. He said he'd had it with my sports metaphors. Told me he doesn't care at all about sports so when I say something like 'It's a grand slam,' it just annoys him. You'd think he might be able to just tune them out, but I guess they really make him angry. Who knows why? Anyway, after our meeting today, he told me that if I don't stop using the sports metaphors, he's going to human resources to tell them that I harass all the women. At that point, it's his word against mine."

"But it ain't true, right?"

"No of course, it's not true. But what if it comes to that and they believe him instead of me?"

"Hold on, hold on. Ya ain't gotta worry about human resources. Ya just gotta stop with the sports metaphors. I mean, the one guy likes 'em but it's grating for the other Drew, Duvall."

This episode featured:
Reed Caves as Uncle Sal
Buck Diggler as Al Duvall
and
Jellybean Merengue as the ice cube.  

Tune in next week when Uncle Sal says, "She said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak."

No comments: