Friday, October 3, 2008

Uncle Sal and the Barbecue Baron (Episode 61)

Uncle Sal opened his door to find Alice standing there with her hands on her hips.

"Oh, Sal! Don't tell me you forgot!"

Uncle Sal looked down at his yellowed tank top and said, "Forgot what?"

"You completely forgot that we're having dinner with Roscoe and Etta Mae Hunsaker. I can't believe it! No, I can believe it! I knew I should have called earlier today. Well, it's a good thing I'm here now. We need to get you dressed immediately." She walked past him into the house, and marched right to his closet.

"Hunsaker? You mean the guy owns the Rib Hut across town?"

"Of course that's who I mean. How many Roscoe Hunsakers are there?" Uncle Sal grimaced. "Don't give me that look like you've just sucked a lemon. What's wrong with the Hunsakers?"

"Well, that place. I dunno. The ribs are all gristly. The barbecue sauce is too sweet. And that place is an eyesore. He's got all kinda license plates on the wall. He's even got that pig's head. You know the one where the pig got sunglasses on his snout."

Alice removed a bright blue aloha shirt and a pair of black pants from the closet and lay them on the bed. "Sal, that's ridiculous. You're saying you don't want to have dinner with them because of the restaurant he owns? That's just the restaurant. It's nothing to do with him. Roscoe is one of the nicest men around. And generous too. Don't forget he's the one that donated most of the money for the youth center. Not to mention he always chips in for new uniforms for the high school football team. He's a very good man. and his wife is a sweetheart."

Uncle Sal put on his aquamarine porkpie hat and buttoned his shirt. "I guess ya gotta point. He seems like a decent sort, but I don't like the hut of his rib."

This episode featured:
Rena Crump as Alice
Cletus Beard as Uncle Sal
and
Jellybean Merengue as the aloha shirt

No comments: