Sunday, October 19, 2008

Uncle Sal and the Sapphirine Suit (Episode 63)

Uncle Sal walked into Giacomo's place and removed his persimmon-colored cowboy hat. In the corner was a mannequin wearing an outfit of at least four different shades of blue. The suit was topped off with an unusual azure hat.

"Are you ready for the onion festival?" Before Giacomo could answer, Uncle Sal pointed to the mannequin and asked, "What inna world is that? Holy cuttlefish! That thing is hideous. What's with all the buttons on the jacket? And this plaid vest. Jeez! Who's gonna wear sump'n like that, except maybe a drunken Scottish valet? The hat is...it's like a giant blue muffin. Was the fabric store out of every color but blue?"

"Oh that. My friend Violet Frick is going to fashion school. She's been kind of depressed recently. She didn't start out wanting to use blue exclusively. She just kept buying blue because it fit her mood."

"She doesn't expect you to wear that thing, does she?"

Giacomo shrugged. "I guess I'll have to wear it once, when I model it for the class."

But why on earth is this thing in your place? I mean, that thing is so bright, I gotta think it keeps you from sleeping at night."

"It's not as bad as that. She keeps it here so she doesn't have to load and unload it from her car. And the thing with fashion school is that you have to come up with something that no one has ever seen before. You know, make something that's your original creation."

"There's a reason no one has seen anything like that before. Good golly Miss Molly! This thing is like a blue hurricane. It is original, but I feel bad that you have to wear this blue Frick's try of a mode."

This episode featured:
Donny Ray Humbartner as Uncle Sal
Johnny Lee Stimplefish as Giacomo
and
Jellybean Merengue as the azure hat.

Tune in next week when Uncle Sal says, "What am I, on the pay-no-mind list?





"Well, I can guarantee no one has ever seen anything like that. It's...I wouldn't

No comments: