Sunday, March 22, 2009

Uncle Sal and the Signature Sneakers (Episode 85)

Uncle Sal entered Giacomo's place and tucked his Boston Celtics Jerry Sichting jersey into his khaki pants.

"Come on in, Uncle Sal. I'll fix you a drink while we wait for my other friends to show up. I'm telling you this unicycle supercross is going to be awesome. Hey, where did you get those green high-tops?"

Uncle Sal explained that he had found them at a flea market in Mishawaka. "Only fifteen bucks too. Ya like 'em?"

"Those are incredible. They remind me of this guy I knew in middle school, Julius Griffith. He was a real dorky sort of guy. He was in the chess club and chemistry club, and he always wore shoes like that. They had the brand name Griffith and he tried to tell us that it was his family that made the shoes."

Giacomo poured the Drambuie into Uncle Sal's rusty nail and said, "That was just like the guy though. He was always telling stories or pulling pranks on people. And he was the perfect guy for it because you wouldn't suspect a member of the chess club to be a prankster. Not only did he try to tell us that his family made Griffith shoes, but he also pulled pranks on teachers and students. No one could ever prove it, but rumor had it that he was responsible anytime someone's house got toilet papered. There was always this glint in his eye when someone asked if he had TP'd a house. I used to tease him all the time about his nerdy stuff, but he made it up to me. One time, I opened up my locker and I don't know how he did it, but he rigged it up that as soon as the door was fully open, it triggered a shaving cream bomb. I was covered in the stuff. Took me hours to get it all off of me. He claimed full credit for that one, I can tell you. He didn't want any doubt about who had planted that bomb in my locker."

Uncle Sal sipped his rusty nail and said, "Sounds like a pretty funny guy. Just goes to show you that you should beware of geeks wearing Griffs."

This episode featured:
Cleveland Chevalier as Uncle Sal
Houston Tenace as Giacomo
and
Jellybean Merengue as the Drambuie.

Tune in next week when Uncle Sal says, "Stay out of this, bimbo! This is a family matter."




No comments: