Sunday, June 14, 2009

Uncle Sal and the Barbarous Boss (Episode 97)

Giacomo had just arrived at Uncle Sal's place for a drink before they headed to the chainsaw juggling championships. Uncle Sal opened the cupboard and took out a yellow mug. He brought it into the living room and showed it to Giacomo. On it was an image of a container for baby powder and the words Uncle Ernie's Itch Powder. Only whoever had done the screening had added a B at the beginning of one of the words. Giacomo chuckled.

"Someone sent me this mug. Obviously an odd lot Not sure where they found it, but I'm sure it's not exactly what ol' Uncle Ernie had in mind." He set the mug down on the coffee table next to a biography of Jim Nabors and said, "This reminds me of when I worked for a screen printer. There was this guy at that place. Real charmer he was. He cussed more'n anyone I've ever known and always made catcalls at any woman walked by. A lotta times it was more'n just catcalls too. He spent just as much time goofing off as working. Course no one said anything on account of that knucklehead bein' the boss's son."

Uncle Sal sipped his whiskey sour and said, "Total screw-up, that guy. Dad gave him a job just so the kid would have sump'n to occupy his time. Anywho, this guy would do sump'n like this here mug. Matter of fact, they did it pretty regularly. I remember one time we got an order. Company wanted several hundred mugs, just black with white lettering that said Maine Mass Transit. Well, it don't take much imagination to figger out how the lollygagger changed that printing. Musta misprinted fifty mugs before anyone caught it."

"You didn't say anything?"

"No, I didn't say nothin'. I had just started there when he did that one. New guy's word against the boss's son. I don't like my odds there. Especially since the son was my supervisor. So I did the only thing I could do. I stood and watched the creep blunder the mug."

This episode featured:
Anton Lefebvre as Giacomo
Eustace Nollidge as Uncle Sal
and
Jellybean Merengue as the biography of Jim Nabors.

Tune in next week when Uncle Sal says, "They're savages, Mr. President."


No comments: