Sunday, June 28, 2009

Uncle Sal and the Extraordinary Entree (Episode 99)

"Uncle Sal, it was a great idea to have this wild game dinner."

Uncle Sal pulled a napkin from the pocket of his Syndicate of Apple Polishers bowling shirt, and dabbed some barbecue sauce at the corner of his mouth. "I'll say it was. Whoever prepared this elk sure did a fine job."

"The ostrich burgers are pretty tasty too," Giacomo said as he removed a sesame seed from his shirt.

Uncle Sal pointed to the curried dish on his plate. "Ya know who brought this? This is one of the best dang things I ever had in my mouth, even if I dunno what it is."

"It's king snake."

Alice cringed. She wasn't particularly fond of snakes, but she didn't want to think about how the poor beast was killed and cooked.

Giacomo pointed across the room to a man who couldn't have been taller than five-feet-two and said, "My neighbor Han brought that. He's had this big snake is his backyard. He called it Kong, you know, because it's a kingsnake. He was pretty content just to let the thing patrol his yard, eating the rodents and what have you. But then one day, Han left his sliding patio door open slightly when he went to work. When he got back home, he realized that his leopard gecko was missing. Somehow, he got it in his head that Kong was responsible, even if he couldn't prove it. So, the next time he saw the snake in his yard, he hunted and killed it."

"Now, I've had snake before, but I ain't never had snake like this."

"Well, I'm not sure if cooking snake was part of the curriculum, but he's been taking classes at that Surrey Cooking School across town. That might be why it's so tasty."

"I'll say it is. We've got a lot of good dishes here, but this one's my favorite. I guess it just goes to show you that it takes a Surreyed Han to bring a curried Kong.

This episode featured:
Carl "Fozzie" Behrenstein as Giacomo
Friedrich Fox as Uncle Sal
Penny Nicholls as Alice
and
Jellybean Merengue as the barbecue sauce.

Tune in next week when Uncle Sal says, "The boy's as stubborn and mulish as a sheep."

No comments: