Sunday, January 3, 2010

Uncle Sal and the Imposing Ironworker (Episode 124)

Uncle Sal arrived at Giacomo's place ready for the big billiards tournament Giacomo was hosting. Giacomo was just putting on his jacket when Uncle Sal walked in.

"Uncle Sal, I'm glad you're here. I need you to stay here in case anyone else shows up while I'm gone."

Uncle Sal picked a wayward piece of confetti off of his Rose Bowl sweater vest and said, "Gone? But the tournament's supposed to start in half an hour. Where ya gotta go?"

"I have to make a beer run."

"Beer run? Whatta ya mean? You weren't already stocked up? For a billiards tournament? How ya gonna be without beer when you invite a buncha guys over to shoot pool?"

"Well, I was stocked up, but then my neighbor Dwight Neeper came over. He's an ironworker. When he's not suffering from one of his various ailments. Anyway, he came over just to watch a little of the basketball game. Of course I offered him a beer. Well, he downed that one. Then he went back to the fridge and helped himself to another one. We're sitting here watching the game. Well, I can't say I was paying much attention to it because he was complaining not only about his spleen and the ringing in his ears, but about how awful the job market is. He went on for the rest of the game. And whenever he needed a beer, he helped himself. He drank nine of them. Cleaned out almost an entire twelve-pack by himself. Finally I had to tell him I had company coming, so he left. But now I need to restock what he drank."

Uncle Sal sat on the couch and grabbed the remote. "Well, I suppose you learned an important lesson here. Next time, don't beer the Neeper."

This episode featured:
Brutus O'Connor as Uncle Sal
Brodie O. Chiswick as Giacomo
and
Jellybean Merengue as the remote.

Tune in next week when Uncle Sal says, "You never ask why you've been fired, because if you do, they're liable to tell you."

No comments: