Saturday, June 12, 2010

Uncle Sal and the Aggressive Attorney (Episode 147)

Uncle Sal sat at the bar of The Lazy Lounge waiting for the rugby match to begin. He tossed some macadamia nuts into his mouth and washed them down with a sip of Spud's. When he saw Giacomo coming, Uncle Sal removed his Fraternal Order of Obese Dieticians jacket he had used to reserve the stool next to him. "You're just in time. The match is just about to start. I'm surprised you weren't here earlier so you could get a couple in ya before the match starts."

"I would have been, but I was in court."

"Aw jeez, Giacomo. Whadja do?"

Giacomo sat down and quickly stood up, sliding a Grizzly Beer coaster under one of the legs of his stool. As he settled onto the stool, he said, "I didn't do anything. I was there watching my friend Hobie Spoonmaker. I ran into him recently and he invited me to come and check him out on this case. Normally, Hobie is such a mild-mannered guy. I never would have guessed that he would become a criminal attorney." Giacomo sipped his Billy Taylor and continued. "Well, he was anything but mild-mannered in court. He was going after this guy accused of skimming money from his company. I'm telling you. Hobie was ruthless. He just kept hounding and hounding the guy. Well, finally the guy caved in and Hobie got what he was looking for. Heck, I think Hobie could have gotten the guy to admit that he likes to dress in cocktail gowns and wear stiletto heels. It was amazing. I've always seen him as this calm, almost Zen-like guy."

"And today you saw the shark side of the Spoon."

This episode featured:
Fergus Scrumm as Uncle Sal
Reggie Ruck as Giacomo
and
Jellybean Merengue as the Grizzly Beer coaster.

Tune in next week when Uncle Sal says, "It ain't armed robbery if the gun ain't loaded."

No comments: