Sunday, March 6, 2011

Uncle Sal and the Maltreated Mascot (Episode 185)

Giacomo entered Uncle Sal's house and said, "Hey, where do you want to go to lunch? I was thinking about Han's Soul Oh! I could go for some of those spice collard greens with bacon."

"Yeah, it sounds good, but I can't."

"What do you mean, you can't? Like something came up?"

Uncle Sal sipped his Irish rickey and said, "No. Nothin' came up. It's just, I can't."

"But I don't understand. I don't know anybody that likes soul food as much as you."

"Well, it's like this. I had a little bit of an incident there last week."

"An incident? What do you mean?"

"I went there with Alice last week. Ya know, Cindy DuValliere used to be in the otter costume outside the restaurant." Uncle Sal shook some hot sauce into the bottom of a glass, then poured top of it. He used his American College of Surgeons pocketknife to cut the foil off a bottle of rye, added it to the drink and handed it to Giacomo.

"She ain't the otter anymore. It's some guy. Anyway, Alice and I are heading into the place and he says, 'Hey baby! How 'bout you and I get together later?' Fer all he knows, she's my wife and he's just gonna approach her like that. Then he keeps goin' on. Wonderin' why such a good-lookin' woman is with me and not with a real man. As if a real man would ever be in a giant rodent costume. The guy just wouldn't shut up, ya know. Which is what he woulda done if he knew what was good for him. Finally, he said one thing too many and I gave him a good push. He fell right into the rosebush outside the restaurant. The owner tole me I don't need to bother comin' back. Ever."

"Wait a minute. You got banned from the soul diner?"

"Yeah, I got banned from the place and all because I shoved that flirty otter."

This episode featured:
Charles Rivers as Giacomo
Stan Delz as Uncle Sal
and
Jellybean Merengue as the pocketknife.

Tune in next week when Uncle Sal says, "Real nice party. I see a lot of familiar facelifts."

No comments: