Saturday, May 28, 2011

Uncle Sal and the Bewildered Bartender (Episode 197)

Uncle Sal walked into The Crow Bar and asked Kelly for a pint of Spud's. He put his Red Man trucker hat on the bar and said, "Whatsa matter, Kelly? You look like someone who just lost a puppy."

Kelly fiddled with her left earring and said, "It's men."

Uncle Sal wished he hadn't asked the question. He thought this might take a while so he ordered a shot of Bulleit to go with his beer.

"I just don't understand them," she said. "Like my boyfriend. You know him. Doug Peltz. Well, I got this shirt at a nice little boutique. It's a frilly long-sleeved white shirt. Really nice."

Uncle Sal sighed, shot his bourbon, and set the glass on the bar.

"It's the sort of thing I can wear on a night out with him. That's what I bought it for. But I came home from work one day and he's wearing it, just around the house. When I asked about it, he told me he likes it because it makes him look like a pirate. I'm dating a guy who likes wearing my clothes."

After pulling a pint for someone who had just walked in, Kelly poured the liquid off of one of the bar mats and said, "And then there's my band, Fun Buster and the Wet Blankets. We just auditioned drummers and it came down to two guys: Avery Hawkins and Phil Schott. Avery is perfect. He's been in punk bands before. He hits the drums hard, and that's what we need for our garage sound. Except the guys in the band outvoted me. Even though Phil is a jazz drummer, the guys chose him because they think his personality is a better fit. He's a nice guy, don't get me wrong. But I don't think he's right for our band. And ultimately I think we'll be looking for a drummer again in a few months." Kelly blew her bangs out of her eyes and sipped a beer of her own.

After a long sip from his pint, Uncle Sal said, "Well, I don't know if you can condemn all men just because you got Peltz in your blouse and Schott in your band."

This episode featured:
M. Emmett Marrs as Uncle Sal
Candy Rappeur as Kelly
and
Jellybean Merengue as the earring.

Tune in next week when Uncle Sal says, "If they told you wolverines would make good house pets, would you believe them?"

No comments: