Saturday, May 21, 2011

Uncle Sal and the Misidentified Manager (Episode 196)

Uncle Sal had just put the second slice of bread on top of his roast beef and Nutella sandwich with extra horseradish when the doorbell rang. He opened it and saw the manager of the local high school baseball team Jules Dmietriewiecz.

"Hey Jules, how ya doin? I just finished makin' a roast beef and Nutella sandwich. Want me to make you one?"

"Umm...no thanks. I just need to borrow your drain snake."

"I left it over by the door for ya. Beer?"

"Sure. I'll have a beer."

Uncle Sal removed two bottles of Spud's from his fridge, opened them and handed one to Jules. After a sip, Jules said, "Sometimes all it takes to make you feel human again is a sip of beer." He fished his cell phone out of his pocket and said, "Hey, you know Tor Hammerstaag's wife Dagmar?"

"Sure, I know her. Nice lookin' woman, like a Scandinavian goddess."

"Maybe so, but I have questions about her brain. Listen to this."

Jules pressed a couple buttons on his phone and after a few seconds, Dagmar's voice came through. "Hey Pate, it's Dagmar. I just wanted to thank you so much for bringing your jambalaya to the school fundraiser. It was a big hit. And say hi to your lovely wife Della for me."

"Why'd she call you Pate?"

"As far as she knows, that's my name. She thinks I'm Tor's old golf buddy Myron Pate. I mean, I see her all the time at events where our kids go to school and she calls me Pate every time. Even when I'm wearing a name tag. I've corrected her myself. She's heard other people call me by my name, but it never seems to stick. It's so weird, like she has some kind of amnesia just about my name. She always remembers Della's name, but me..."

"Guess you'll just have to accept that you're always Pate with Tor's misses."

This episode featured:
"Hill" Billy D. Luxx as Uncle Sal
Dewey Frizzell as Jules
and
Jellybean Merengue as the drain snake.

Tune in next week when Uncle Sal says, "I keep drinkin', but you're still ugly."

No comments: