Sunday, August 10, 2008

Uncle Sal and the Dentifrice Dearth (Episode 53)

Uncle Sal removed his pomegranate-colored porkpie hat as he entered Sonny's Supermarket with Alice to buy some lamb for dinner with Giacomo and his new girlfriend. He was barely inside the door when he was nearly bowled over by Milt Leary, who was mumbling aloud.

"Take it easy, there Milt. What seems to be the problem?"

"I'll tell ya what's the problem. I just came in here looking for toothpaste. I like that Sabre toothpaste. It's the only one I ever use. Well, I'm in the toothpaste aisle and I'm looking at all the kinds of toothpastes they have. I don't see any Sabre."

Alice picked up a gossip magazine to check out what was going on in the lives of various celebrities as Milt continued his story.

"I go and I ask the cashier what's the deal. Last time I was in here, they had Sabre, now they don't. Cashier tells me that they don't carry Sabre at this store anymore, but the store in Manchester still does. Now I gotta drive twenty miles to Manchester just to get my dang toothpaste."

With that Milt, stormed out of the store and headed for his car. Alice looked up from a story about a celebrity who had just given birth to a baby that looked just like Elvis, and said, "What's the big deal? Can't he just use another toothpaste? There are hundreds of them."

"Well, you'd like to think so, but it sounds to me like there's no Crest for the Leary."

This episode featured:
Jacques Strappe as Uncle Sal
Althea Lader as Alice
Emile Dupont as Milt
and
Jellybean Merengue as the gossip magazine

Tune in next week when Uncle Sal says, "That sure is one bonehead name."

No comments: