Sunday, September 27, 2009

Uncle Sal and the Handcuffed House-Sitter (Episode 112)

Uncle Sal opened the door and saw Xavier Matuszak on his front step. He looked at his Ornery Octopus watch and said, "Tooz, you're right on time." When Tooz stepped inside, Uncle Sal said, "I really appreciate you house-sitting for me. I wouldn't want to miss the hot rod golf cart rally in Nevada. And you can't be too careful these days."

Tooz nodded as Uncle Sal started guiding him through the place. "I want you to feel free to use anything in the house, with some rules of course. Use the computer, but don't download anything onta my computer that's gonna get me in trouble. And I got the satellite television, so you wanna watch Canadian rodeo, or caber toss from Scotland, you can find it."

Sal led him through the rest of the house and finally came to the bar. Uncle Sal prepared two highballs and handed one to Tooz. "Now, you wanna have people over, that's fine. I got plenty of alcohol for 'em. Only thing I ask is that you replace any bottle ya empty. Seems only the gentlemanly thing to do, you know."

Tooz's attention was drawn to something across the room. He walked to it and said, "Is that what I think it is?"

"That's right. It's a Wade glockenspiel. The only glockenspiel made right here inna US of A. I just got it." Seeing the look in Tooz's eyes as he reached for the glockenspiel hammer, Uncle Sal said, "Oh no. You can drink my booze, have people over, and watch all the Canadian rodeo you want. You can do anything but stay offa my new Wade, Tooz."

This episode featured:
Mel A. Tonin as Uncle Sal
Jerry Garciaparra as Xavier "Tooz" Matuszak
and
Jellybean Merengue as the glockenspiel hammer.

Tune in next week when Uncle Sal says, "Anywhere is in walking distance if you have the time."

No comments: