Sunday, July 27, 2008

Uncle Sal and the Scandinavian Soiree (Episode 24)

Giacomo opened the door to find Uncle Sal, dressed in a robin egg blue leisure suit.

"Uncle Sal! Good to see you! Come on in! You're the first to arrive."

Uncle Sal stepped inside the door and sniffed. "What's that smell?"

"Oh, Raina and I are making a Scandinavian feast. You are going to love it."

"Scandinavian? The heck is Scandinavian food?"

"We're preparing some mojakka, that's a fish stew. We also have lefse, that's a potato dish, and a rice porridge. It's all very good, I promise you."

"Fish stew, eh? That must be what I smell. So when do we get to eat all these wonderful foods?"

"Well, like I said, you're the first to arrive. Many more people will be arriving soon. Just make yourself at home."

"So, you invited me over for some kinda Norweegie shindig with a buncha people I don't know?"

Giacomo took Uncle Sal's coat and before he could say anything, Uncle Sal continued. "What am I supposed to do? I'm hungry now. I figured we'd just sit down to dinner and start eatin'."

"Uncle Sal, when you invite people over, you can't just rush them right to the table, serve dinner, and give them the bum's rush." Uncle Sal stared at his nephew. "Well, you can, but it doesn't make for much of an evening. We'll have some fun before we eat," Giacomo continued. "A few drinks. We have the dartboard and the pool table. We'll just have a good time and chat before we eat. You know, mingle."

Uncle Sal waved his hand as he walked toward Giacomo's bar. "Yeah, yeah. I get it. We can't just sit down to eat. You wanna put the darts before the Norse."

This episode featured:
Buddy Boyce as Giacomo
Gonzalo Knute as Uncle Sal
and
Jellybean Merengue as the dartboard

Tune in next week when Uncle Sal says, "My house has wheels."

[22 January 2008]

No comments: