Sunday, July 27, 2008

Uncle Sal's Groundhog Day Gala (Episode 25)

As Uncle Sal poured another Scotch into his Dollywood glass, he felt a hand on his elbow. He turned to see it was his pinochle partner that wanted his attention.

"Sal, I just gotta tell ya, this is your best Groundhog Day party yet."

Uncle Sal removed a cigar from the pocket of his cornflower leisure suit and said, "Yeah, it's not too shabby. Everyone seems to be having a good time."

"Sure they are. Good folks, good music, good food. I dunno where you got those cocktail weenies, but they were the best I ever had."

"Speakin' of food, did you get any of the shoo-fly pie?" Uncle Sal asked as he lit his cigar.

"Shoo-fly pie? I should be so lucky. Only one guy got any of that. I don't even know who he is. Some big galoot I never seen before. He musta eaten the whole thing when everyone else was working on dinner. That is, whatever didn't get on his fingers, face and his shirt. I didn't see him eat it, I woulda stopped him of course, but someone said it was the most revolting display they ever saw. I guess the guy ate it like he was in a contest at the county fair."

"Sounds like the guy pulled a Maury," Uncle Sal said as he spied the culprit with the dark brown stain on his shirt.

"A Maury? What's a Maury?"

"Maury Metzelaaf."

John raised his eyebrows and looked at Uncle Sal as he waited for clarification.

Uncle Sal blew his cigar smoke to the ceiling and said, "When a goon hits the pie like a pig treats a sty, that's a Maury."

This episode featured:
Don Ybarra as John
Aldo Lowe as Uncle Sal
and
Jellybean Merengue as the Dollywood glass

Tune in next week when Uncle Sal says, "I'm building a landing pad for UFOs."

[29 January 2008]

No comments: